Kutno – Old Town
Most probably the town dates back to the 13th and 14th centuries. For the first time its name appeared in a document from 1301. The Old Town includes two market places connected by Królewska Street. Current buildings of the New Market Place and Królewska Street were erected in the 1st half of the 19th century. Some tenement houses preserved stucco decorations and original shape forming a rare and valuable architectural complex from the period of the Kingdom of Poland. The Town Hall – a building in the Classical style was raised in 1843-1845. In the storied building a quadrilateral tower dominates with one-axis projection in the facade. A part of the Classical architectural decoration of the front elevation was removed during Nazi occupation in the World War II. The Old Town, including the Town Hall, are attractive to film makers, photographers and tourists because of historic appearance of these buildings. Kutno is situated 60 km to the north from Łódź.